Video Podcast – Providing Information On A Variety Of Subjects
Videos can be a great way to get information quickly and easily. In most cases, our videos will not be in-depth subject reviews but rather give you an idea of what we do and how we support our clients. We also post videos from partners, who specialize in services our clients might be interested in.
We cordially invite you to support our YouTube channel, where you can find an array of captivating Assisting Hands videos at your disposal. Remember to hit that subscribe button to stay updated with our latest content!
Take a moment to explore the delightful assortment of video podcasts provided below, conveniently categorized to make your search a breeze. If you have any questions or need a helping hand, please don’t hesitate to give us a call. We’re here to assist you with a warm smile and ensure you find exactly what you’re looking for.
Book Chats. At Assisting Hands Home Care, we love books! Each month we discuss a book of particular interest to Seniors.
Our Latest Book Chat Video:
For the Love of Literature Join us as Eleanor Heginbotham—writer, educator, and scholar of legendary poet Emily Dickinson—shares some of her favorite quotes from novels, poems, and plays and talks about her great love of literature.
- An Inconvenient Truth in Very Few Words Listens to author Tim Truett narrates this thought-provoking collection of his haikus and photographs about the climate crisis.
- Being My Mom’s Mom A book chat where Loretta Veney discusses her mom, Alzheimer’s, and what the diagnosis meant for her and the family.
- Breathing and Healing Karen Tasto, owner of Open Heart Healing, certified women’s empowerment life coach, and co-author of The Ultimate Guide to Self-Healing Techniques, discusses how we can incorporate self-healing techniques in our everyday lives.
- Care and Feeding of the Aging Human Male Species – A Sassy Primer Author Irene Shere, discusses the often comical book about living with aging men.
- Catch Me a Catch Author Leora Hoffman, a matchmaker by profession, discusses the book about her matchmaking stories.
- Civilized Blacks Author Carol Binta Nadeem, portrays accurate social structures and customs that African Americans encountered during the 1800s while drawing the reader into the protagonist’s unusual circumstances.
- Dementia By Day Rachael Wonderlin, consultant, blogger, and author, talks about her blog, Dementia By Day, and her experience with dementia care and aging.
- Dementia Home Care is a book written by Tracy Cram Perkins that leads you through the ABCs of dementia care, including self-care and the healing powers of laughter, guiding you to the very end of the journey.
- Finding Meaning & Success in Life Find some inspiration as we join filmmaker, author, and teacher Chris Palmer to discuss what it takes to lead more meaningful and productive lives.
- Glimpses of Happiness Editor Diane Reynolds discusses Glimpses of Happiness, a book written by her father. A collection of stories and quips to lighten your mood and laugh.
- Haiku for Healing Meet a vibrant duo, mother and daughter Zoe and Sherry, award-winning Haiku authors.
- Healing Journey Author Lauren Kingsland discusses quilts & mindfulness in the face of cancer.
- Hospital Warrior Author Bonnie Friedman discusses how to get the best home care for your loved one.
- Life Lessons in Success Author Angie Dobransky shares her knowledge of how to maximize people’s success. Her experiences in life inspired her to write a book to help her develop the skills to be successful.
- Little Men with Big Teeth Joined our latest guest, William Campbell! Winner of the Short Story Content 2022, speaks about what inspired him to write and how his life as a neurologist and Army veteran has influenced his writing.
- Mediators Author Morgan Russo discusses her new book about how elders use media and the benefits it provides.
- Molli & Me and the Family Tree Authors Margie and Mark Kramer, joined us to discuss this fanciful book will inspire readers to discover and connect with their own family stories.
- One Block West of the White House, author Duane Hills, discusses what inspired him to write the stories of families and seniors who have touched his life in a unique way.
- Remember Me Author Linda Ruth Stai, pays a fine tribute to Vietnam War Veterans by sharing their stories a reminder of what those who serve in our military forces endure.
- Searching for the Light Author Theresa Walker, discusses her 1st place prize in the F. Scott Fitzgerald 2021 short story contest for her short story Searching for the Light, a story about a daughter who experiences the death of her father.
- Six Women In A Cell and Surviving Assault Author Diana Tokaji, certified yoga therapist, discusses the use of yoga for healing in trauma.
- Swimming Up the Sun We join award-winning author and playwright Nicole Burton, whose works include a dark comedy about a woman whose husband develops Alzheimer’s, as she discusses her new memoir, which recounts her dramatic journey across time and an ocean to find her birth parents.
- The Writer’s Center Amy Freeman discusses how her work to end homelessness in her community led her to embrace her literary side and support writers and people who want to write.
- Thriving At Home A Handbook for Preventing Hospitalizations: Dave Tasto, Assisting Hands Boston Northwest, provides information for seniors and families on caregiving. Steve Lorberbaum is a contributor to the book.
- ‘Til the Well Runs Dry Author, LaurenFrancis-Sharma, joined us to discuss her novel ‘Til the Well Runs Dry, inspired by her Grandmother’s journey to America.
- Value of Wrinkles Enjoys our chat with author Isabel Tom as she discusses her book, The Value of Wrinkles, which offers an inspiring look at how we can honor and respect the seniors in our lives.
- Your Host, Ghost, and Coach Tanya Brockett, a ghostwriter, and speaker on authorship, entrepreneurship, business, and publishing topics.
Creativity Booster. Join us for a new monthly educational program via Zoom for a 15-minute dose of creativity to help improve both your physical and mental well-being.
Our Latest Creative Booster Video:
The Power of Story-Telling Embark on a heartwarming journey with our vibrant host, Patricia Dubroof, as she engages in a meaningful discussion with acclaimed author Linda Ruth Stai. Together, they delve into the profound impact of storytelling in honoring and recognizing our veterans.
- How to Write a Haiku for Healing. Embark on a captivating journey with us as we delve into the artistry of haikus, uncovering the secrets of selecting impeccable words, crafting vivid imagery, and evoking profound emotions within the confines of this cherished Japanese tradition, while simultaneously exploring the therapeutic merits that writing haikus can bestow.
- Inspiring Community Connections Through Murals Eric Ricks invites us into his world, sharing the stories behind some of his most notable mural projects and the positive ripple effects they have had on the people and neighborhoods they call home.
- The Healing Power of Music Join us as we discover the incredible story of Frank Goulart, a resilient lawyer who found his ultimate medicine in the power of creativity.
- The Power of Music For music enthusiasts, healthcare professionals, and advocates of art and compassion alike, watching this video is essential as Nina Falk’s wisdom and experience will motivate you to join a revolution that enhances life’s later stages with the transformative essence of live music. Join us to learn about A Musical Heart, a nonprofit organization dedicated to spreading the transformative power of music.
Death Café: A national movement providing a place for conversation about death. Meet us on Zoom monthly. To see the next date and to register, please click here.
- 25 different perspectives of Sacred Death Hemali Vora, the author of Sacred Death, discusses a practical guide supporting the grieving process while offering sensitive, insightful, and heartfelt stories of love and loss.
- Death Café: Learn more about this national movement at Death Café: A Conversation about Death.
Services Offered By Assisting Hands: These videos provide information on various services, tips, and care provided to seniors by Assisting Hands.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Alzheimer’s is the most common type of Dementia. Assisting Hands can look after daily needs and make sure your loved one is safe.
- Assisting Hands Introduction This video was created by several Assisting Hands companies throughout MD and VA. We discuss how to access Assisting Hands in MD and VA
- Assisting Hands Services Assisting Hands: What we provide and how to access us.
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month October is Breast Cancer Month. Assisting Hands provides after-surgery care.
- Recommending Assisting Hands Home Care Michele Joseph, Executive Director of SGAP, speaks to the care her mother received as a client of Assisting Hands Home Care.
- Staying Safe at Home on a Daily Basis and During a Pandemic Tips from Eileen Milligan, Director of Nursing at Assisting Hands Home Care.
What’s your Plan? Take a view of these educational topics with our expert partners in senior care.
Our Latest What’s Your Plan? Video:
- 4 Steps to Prepare Parents for Healthy, Happy Lives! Meet Arvette Reid, a financial expert who discusses the four most important steps to have a healthy, happy life during our senior years.
- Adaptions Raphaela O’Brien, President, and founder of AIVI Global Inc., a Smart Home and Business Automation Systems, discusses how technology opens up a world of opportunities to keep seniors safe at home.
- Adaptive Technologies Joan Green, Online Tech Coach at Innovative Speech Therapy, discusses how simple technology and high-tech devices are helping older adults age live their best lives.
- Advanced Directives Q&A We discuss Advanced Directives. What are they? Why are they important? How to approach the subject with your loved ones.
- Aging and Amazing Meet Malika Moore, a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and founder of Aging and Amazing. Malika discusses how she transformed her passion into purpose which has helped many learn how to age amazingly.
- Assisted Living Communities Jonathan Edenbaum, the owner of Eden Homes of Potomac, discusses housing choices and the advantages of group homes.
- Aging In Montgomery County Odile Brunetto, Ed.D. Chief of Aging and Disability Services discusses the staggering list of services and what’s happening in Montgomery County that impacts seniors.
- Aging in Place with Dementia Guest speaker Lindsey Vajpeyi, director of Insight Memory Care Center shares her experience aging at home with dementia and provides some tips for making the process as comfortable as possible.
- Aging Services Offered By Montgomery County Police Three Montgomery County Police Officers discuss senior safety awareness.
- Aging and Spirituality Rebekah Savage, Senior Minister at the Universal Unitarian Congregation of Rockville, MD, discusses how older adults experience higher levels of well-being and better health when they integrate activities related to mind, body, and spirit into their lives.
- Building A Healthy Relationship With Food Kay Loughrey of SweetLifeWellness.com provides nutritional information for seniors.
- Care Management Susy Murphy, Owner of Debra Levy Eldercare Associates, a practice of aging life care managers speaks to the needs of eldercare.
- CBD in Chronic Depression and Pain Dr. Matthew Mintz discusses the effects that CBD has on chronic depression and pain. Find out why more and more people are turning to CBD to help with mental health conditions.
- Coaching Adult Children Who Care for their Parents Jenn Gruber, a Life coach who specializes in transitions and family relationships, discusses an effective approach to building a strong relationship between adult parents and adult children through communication.
- Computer Safety For Seniors Join Brian Cohen, Founder and Director of BPC Consulting Alliance as he explores practical strategies and tips on how to keep our beloved seniors safe with technology.
- Concierge Physician Meet Dr. Gowda, who is revolutionizing healthcare with a unique medical practice. In this video, we will delve into the world of Concierge Choice, a groundbreaking approach that redefines patient care.
- Elder Law and State Planning: Megan Campbell, from Willow Legal Group, discusses the benefits of making an estate plan, as well as when it might make sense to do one.
- Embracing Social Connections: Pickleball for Seniors Discover the essence of pickleball as Eric Peguero walks us through the game’s rules, strategies, and benefits specifically tailored for seniors.
- Estate Planning Coryn Rosenstock, from Frost Law (formerly Altmann & Associates), provides information on estate planning for Seniors.
- Everyday Money Management Leah Nichaman, founder and President of Everyday Money Management, serves people with disabilities, senior citizens, and those dealing with a life change.
- Friends Club Bethesda Executive Director, Ken Silverstein, speaks about Friends Club; a therapeutic social program that brings together active gentlemen in the early to middle stages of Alzheimer’s disease in a caring, safe, and secure environment.
- How Can Lego’s Help with Dementia? Loretta Veney, author, and inspirational speaker, discusses how Legos enable those diagnosed with dementia to express their creativity through their models and engage their cognitive functions.
- Intergenerational Educational Programs Join Leah Bradley who shares how Empowering the Ages is dedicated to strengthening social-emotional well-being, life skills, and intergenerational connections.
- Medical Alert Devices Explore a diverse range of medical devices meeting various needs in the senior community, including personalized medical alert systems ensuring constant reassurance and smart devices seamlessly integrating health tracking, all covered in this video. Special thanks to our guest, Thomas Frank, founder and director SafeGuardian, for his invaluable contribution in ensuring the safety of our beloved seniors.
- Nabor Force Enojy is a fun and informative interview with Christy Maccormack, who speaks about the positive impact that Nabor Force has made in the lives of many seniors.
- Parkinson’s and Speech Susan I. Wranik, Certified Speech-Language Pathologist, and an expert on speech and Parkinson’s discusses major issues that seniors living with Parkinson’s face.
- Quality Trust for People with Disabilities is a nonprofit organization presented by CEO Shawn Ullman. Quality Trust is a vital resource for people with disabilities and families that have a loved one with a disability.
- Respite Care: Julia Abate of the Arc of Montgomery County discusses respite care for seniors and how to get funds to provide respite care.
- The Value of Seniors Helping the Community Through Volunteerism Join Deb Lang, founder of Kindworks, as she highlights the incredible value of seniors in our community, showcasing how their wisdom, experience, and compassion are making a profound difference through volunteerism, where age becomes an asset and kindness knows no bounds.
- Small Home Group Options Maria Khader, founder of JK House of Grace, discusses how to transform challenging behaviors in seniors with dementia into positive outcomes.
- Supporting Employment Equality and Community Join us in this video as we hear from three special guests whose stories highlight the transformative impact of SEEC, a progressive nonprofit agency dedicated to empowering individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to lead fulfilling lives of their choosing.
- The Village Movement Pazit Aviv, Village Coordinator for Montgomery County, MD discusses how Villages improve aging well in your community.
- Wellness Wednesday Patricia Dubroof, Director of Community Relations of Assisting Hands of Potomac, demonstrates how creativity gives the freedom to explore and learn new things from each other.
Yoga: Exploring various aspects of yoga.
- Yoga: Angelique Raptakis A yoga session by an instructor specializing in restorative, Yin, Hatha Yoga, and Reiki.
- Chair Yoga with Patricia Dubroof Relax and rejuvenate with Chair Yoga led by our lovely Director of Community Relations, Patricia Dubroof. Improve flexibility and reduce stress from your chair!